tisdag 6 augusti 2013

Daemonic Flesh!

It does sound like a metal song doesn't it? Not as dramatic really, i have been trying to decide on a colour scheme for my dark legion. Now the most common way is black and red, which to me is a pretty good reason not to do that. Also I'm considering black and red for my Bauhaus (Inspired by Killzones Helghast) so I don't want that again. My brotherhood will be gold and white (Inspired by the Sons of Light of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time, best fantasy series ever). So what to do with the legion, I finally decided on blue, it'll fit nicely when they release Illian too (my favourite apostle), or perhaps purple. So I painted up a  cultists robes in dark blue and it worked very well.


 Now this is just straight up Gw Midnight Blue (or mordian blue or necron abyss or kantor blue, gw likes changing the names of their colours), I'll need to find a way to shade it later too, perhaps jsut a coat of earthshade.

 And I also tried to find a flesh colour for the semi-human members of the legion like necromutants and centurions, I'll do something else for undead legionnaires havent decided what yet. I based the idea on the old Paul Bonner artwork  of a centurion, human skin but with a tinge of green so I just painted the skin flesh colour (tallarn flesh) and washed with green. I'm quite happy with it I might give him another was later.

I have no undead legionnaires stripped at the moment so I decided to see what I would do with the non human members of the legion. Things like razides, nepharites, templars and immaculate furies. I had two theories, start blue and wash red, and start purple and wash blue (you will have noted by now I like washing, at least this kind). So I tried my methods, i started with dark blue (again midnight blue) and washed red (baal red)


The only place i cna see the red is where it happened to land where it wasnt suposed to, the blue was simply to dark to be washed. Kind of sad since my next shade of blue is enchanted blue...

So we try the other method I thought and painted an imacculate fury purple (warlock purple) and washed blue (drakenhof nigthshade)... But it didnt get very blue so i washed again. and then i relaised that drakenhof was more cold grey than actuall blue, so here is the result.

Nearly black, a bit darker than what I had intended. I needed some way to wash blue isntead of draknhof for one of the coats. So i reached down in my colour boxand dug up an old pot of glue ink. Now i didnt have any more mini's to try on but fround a spare ogre arm i has used for siiliar ourposes before and tried it. purple then blue ink, and then it didnt really feel like the purple mattered any more cause the arm was blue... very blue. Anyway I let dry then washed with drakenhof again and here's the result.

the shinyness is mostly because of the drakenhof not being all dry, my sunlight was running out. It's not nearly as bad as it first seemed.

Anyway what I want from you is an opinion which is better? or should I try other methods?

the floor is open.










Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar