måndag 20 januari 2014

A Sinous Golgotha, and some work on another lady

 Lo folks I promised I'd show you my Golgotha and since I'm finished with her (well she still needs a coat of gloss varnish) the time for that has come, oh and btw this is my first finished Dark Legion WZR mini.
 The body is wire and green stuff, and I have to point out that liquid green stuff is a real hero here since it allows you to cover up dents much better than regular green stuff. I cut the legs below the waist to try to retain some femeninity in the figure you'll have to be the judges on if I succeeded. I opted out of the back spines because I felt they made her look like a large facehugger from alien.

I wanted her to look scaled but didn't have any means to actually sculpt scales on her so I painte dher up in bright gold and washed her in greens and browns. Details I painted up in silver and washed in other greens and browns. I then painted the stripe pattern on with gold and washed in first orange then brown (so it wouldn't stick out to much), as usual I'm more of an effect guy than a detail guy.
  The claw I washed in orange in hopes I could give it a crab like a appearance not sure it worked. the hair was painted silver and washed several times with brown.
Now on to another lady I've been workign on, that is Angelica Drachen, I've been thinking of sculpting an alternative hair on her, and first of I want to say that I'm in no way displeased with the standard version of Angelica Drachen I just prefer to have my minis unique. Anyway i didnt want to ruin the original head so I tried to make a green stuff mold of her face.

 As seen here, now did it work? Not a chance.

The green stuff mold simply doesn't take enough detail, sadly I'm not good enough at sculpting to scult an entirely new head, but I got the idea of sculpting new hair separately and then glue it on if I managed to make it look good. So here's where I am at the moment, I didn't manage to find any good guides on how to sculpt curly hair on the internet so I just went ahead and tried, if the final results work out I'll publish a  guide.

Sorry for the bad picture but I'm kind of at the limit to what my compact camera can do, that metal rod is a needle for size reference. The idea is that I'll with a really sharp knife score some more 'hairs' on the hair one it dries then add some loose curls separately.

Well until next time.






Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar