torsdag 9 januari 2014

Warzone Resurrection Review Part 5: Bauhaus Miniatures.

1. Dark Legion Miniatures
2.Dark Legion Cards
3. Brotherhood Miniatures
4. Brotherhood Cards
5.Bauhaus Miniatures
6.Bauhaus Cards
7. Misc Miniatures
8. Misc Cards
9. Rulebook from a non rules perspective



This is part 5 of my review of Warzone Resurrection part 4 is found here.

Bauhaus Miniatures it is, starting of again with what I have already started working on.

 Angelica Drachen, again on a custom base, I may actually field her on this. It's a very awesome model, I kind of wish I had the option of an open hand instead of the whip but you cant get everything. She's kind of smallish on her huge base and other have complained about that, that's the same size base that Alakhai was fielded on, which gives you the feeling for hos big he really is, don't worry I'll post  a picture of them beside each other some other day. Myself I feel a larger base is an opportunity, by placing frau (fraulein?) Drachen far back on her base i give her a sense of dynamism that is hard to get a on a smaller base, in this version of it the idea i to have a soldier from another corporation on the ground that he absently without even caring enough too look executes. My other idea is this:
 Here she is circling the edge of the base giving the feeling she's circling an enemy waiting for the right time to strike with her whip.

 And her alternative head, I went for the unhelmeted one I'll see what I can do with this later.

 Here's a Vulcan that I have begun basing, I however have some time getting the basecoat to stick on it, it seems the resin that Prodos uses is hydrophobic and I have unwisely in my youth (ok quite recently as well, what can I say, I'm a cheapskate) diluted my colours pots with water when the chemical solvent in them has evaporated. I don't complain it's my own fault but it's something for other to have in mind.
This is the alternate head for the Vulcan, and as you can see I've already managed to break of the spike on the head. Those spikes are very fragile so I recommend handling Hussars carefully.

 Venusian Rangers, Great looking kit except I preferred the old school helmets, the new ones look far to much like necrons. It's also a shame there are no cowled heads in the set.


 Max Steiner Hero of Bauhaus, Major of The Venusian Rangers. And generally big cool guy with a really big gun. This guy took old Teddy's advice to heart and carries a really big stick. Unlike Angelica Drachen Max Steiner fills out his base very well, no tricky posturing is needed here just put him on the base and this guy looks like he could stand his ground be it Alakhai or Algeroth himself who's charging him. I especially like the old school Bauhaus Venusian Ranger mask.
 Etoilies Mor(t)antes, I hereby renew my appeal to change their names to Etoilies Morantes, still not perfect French but at least closer. Lovely girls, much better since they were redone during the kickstarter. The heads are a bit meh I guess but I guess every girl can't be Anglika Drachen. Some people have complained their punisher knives are fragile, I have not experienced this, there are a few fragile kits in warzone but this is not it if you ask me.

 Now this is the true might of Bauhaus, the Hussars,  a very nice set I especially like that the weapons are separate from the arms. As I said earlier the head spikes are a bit fragile. Kudos on the two heads with gas-masks I really liked those.

Valerie Duval, At the moment she mostly look like a bit more dramatically posed Etolies Morant

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar