måndag 6 januari 2014

Joy to the blog for the minis has come!

Lo folks, my Warzone ressurection minis from Prodos has arrived and though I should really be doing maths right now I've assembled and began converted one, mostly through bending it under hot water, you see this is the first resin mini I have assembled (well kind of) and I had to try that technique. But without further ado here's a necrobeast rider.


 First you'll notice the fin, the necrobeast was so sharklike that i wanted to add a shark fin on it. Also consider it lampshading for my next project that I will unveil in the comming days. After making the fin (in superglue paper and thin wellpapp) I relaised shark dont have long sinous tails but after bending I slightly it gave the model a nice feeling of movement so i kept it that way and decided to make it even more obvious.
It sort of reminded me (in pose not in actual nature of the beast) of a cover of one of the first fantasy books I ever read (points if you can name which one it is):


And I decided to try to make it, even more so. Turns out when you plan on bending resin, do it before assembly cause while hot water allows you to bend something it also causes everything else to go back to it's original shape. Well in the end I'm fairly pleased with the results.:
Though the head is a real bastard to get to bend the slightest and I think I've damaged both the right side paws (right from the models perspective)
And a little more from the top.
How do you like my new dinner table by the way? Knowing myself real wood might not have been the best idea...

You'll notice that the head inst glued on that's because I plan on doing something special with it. Relating to that foreshadowing I was talking about but I'll be back with more on that tomorrow or the day after.
Until next time, have a nice time. Now I'm of back to memorising trigonometric identities.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar